Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Ashton's Jet Pack



Yes, I've been Pinning again.  For Ashton.  When I saw this homemade jet pack, I just couldn't resist making one for my little man.  And by the looks of the pictures I think he enjoys it!

I made a few changes to the original:

I used Pringles cans covered in duck tape (duct tape, gaffer tape, whatever you choose to call it. But it was originally called 'duck tape' and invented for the U.S. army in WWII to seal ammunition cases...who's been watching Mythbusters?!?!) where was I? Oh yes, covered Pringles cans in duck tape, attached them together (see below) and taped on a couple lengths of elastic. Red, orange and yellow streamers taped on for the 'fire' and we're all set!

To attach the tubes I just used 2 strips of tape folded in half (sticky side out) on both sides.  Seems to hold together quite well.

So Ashton seems to enjoy it, although it adds quite a bit of noise around the place, which entertains Olivia, so I guess I can't complain too much...

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Look at him run! Cool ideas, cool mom, cool kid! Your kiddies will have such fun childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete

So. Whadaya think?