Tuesday, April 26, 2011

WHOO has time for housework with so many fun crafts to do?

So word of my addiction is getting out, and I was asked to sew some owls for some kids of a friend.

These kinds of crafts are one big reason I keep all sorts of funky scraps in my fabric stash.  And where do I collect these scraps?  My favorite low-budget outing of all time: the REUSE CENTRE http://www.edmonton.ca/for_residents/garbage_recycling/reuse-centre.aspx  I've really (really, really) been missing it since we moved, but I recently managed to stop in on one of our errand trips into the city (DH wasn't too pleased with all the 'girly' errands, but I've collected enough hours sitting outside of pawn shops not to feel guilty)  I picked up some fun stuff, including tons of felt, with which I plan to make some puppets for Ashton (and adding a puppet theatre to our ever-growing basement reno plan) but my most exciting find was some off-white eyelet material!  So excited about this!  It's gonna make the cutest summer bonnet for Olivia...

1 comment:

  1. sweet! good to see you online too! :) I've not actually made time to get out to the re-use centre yet...

    ReplyDelete

So. Whadaya think?