Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Pattern drafting

So awhile ago I thought I'd try my hand at drafting a pattern or two.  Not like I don't normally, it's just that usually I'm just tracing existing clothes to make something else.  With this dress I actually wanted to make something brand new! Sooooo here it is:



Please pardon the lack of pressing; I have this strong antipathy to ironing.  It's around a 12 month size, which means that it'll probably end up being a gift since it's a bit light for Olivia to wear even with long sleeves underneath.  I'm loving the ties at the side! And the ruffles at the bottom turned out great!  Here's a few detail shots




So although this isn't my first post about a pattern I've drafted, it is my first attempt - turned out pretty well if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So. Whadaya think?