Saturday, November 05, 2011

Kids on the walls

No, my children are not climbing the walls, but I'm sure that will happen soon enough.  Remember those pics I took back in July? The ones I showed you here ? Well, they're finally up on the wall.


I printed the photos at McBain's on canvas.  The gallery wraps are pretty expensive, so I just got the canvas, then put them in some frames without glass.  The effect is pretty nice:



I also did the kids' silhouettes.  I took a photo of their profiles, then edited in photoshop and printed to transfer to a canvas board. They were then mounted on a plaque spray painted gloss black.  REALLY like these, but they'll have to be updated every once and awhile just like photos.  I think I took the photo of Olivia when she was about 4 months old, and I can really see the difference!



(and no, Olivia's head is not defomed, she got that extra bump from my dad...we like to call it her extra brains!)

1 comment:

  1. Neat! Your Grade 1 teacher could have used this idea when she did her annual silhouettes of the students. Wonder how many parents still have them (I do).

    ReplyDelete

So. Whadaya think?